Sunday, September 20, 2009

Please Pray For My Mom


Hi Everyone, this is Jessica. I think most of you know a little about what has been going on with my mom, I just wanted to do a little update and ask each of you to pray for her.

My Mom's health has been rapidly declining over the last several months, and we're not sure what is going on. We visited in July and she was the worst I have ever seen her. She has dealt with her chronic back pain almost my whole life and I have seen her go through some very hard times, but not like this. While we were there she was collapsing pretty much every time she would stand up, even if it was just to walk down the hall to the bathroom. She would be walking and then all of a sudden without any warning whatsoever her body just goes down hard. Every time I saw this happen it made my heart stop, scared that she would injure herself, break a hip, leg, or cause more damage to her spine. My family says that since our visit the falling has gotten even worse.

Luckily, my Dad was finally able to convince her to use a wheelchair. However she still falls many times a day just taking a few steps to the wheelchair, or sometimes she tries walking to try to keep her back and muscles from completely freezing up and weakening. Those of you know my mom well know how stubborn she is and how hard she has fought to keep a positive attitude and overcome her pain, so it has been very painful and emotionally hard on her to use the wheelchair, like it means she is giving up.

It's not just the falling. She has been dealing with bad stomach pain for nearly two years now, that my parents had written off as an ulcer. But over the past couple of weeks the pain has become unbearable. She finally went to the Dr. and he ordered many, many tests, it may be a bad ulcer but there are other much scarier possibilities. Friday the pain became very intense, my Dad rushed home early from work to bring her to the emergency room where they stayed late into the night. They did many more blood tests, x-rays, and ultrasounds, they found gall stones but we are still waiting on most of the test results.

I home tonight to see how she is today, and my Dad said she seems to be doing worse today. I talked to her for a minute just to tell her that I love her, and she tried talking to me but she was so quiet I couldn't hear or understand her.

I am scared, and I am worried about my mom. My family is scared. Please pray for her and send her your love. I know that she is not up to talking, but she needs to feel everyone's love and kindness right now.

Thank You!

Love,
Jessica

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I had no idea. Thank you for letting us know, Jessica.

    Melody, the Croasdale family loves you so much. We will pray for you many times over. Love, love and more love to you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. We will be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much love to sweet Melody. Much love to all, Onkle V-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry - she is definately in our prayers. It is just so unbearable and if only we could do something to help her. Melody is such a loving, caring, giving brave beautiful sister! I hope that she can get some relief and answers.

    love the packers

    ReplyDelete